March 14, 2017 - CURC members visited Washington today to participate in our annual Capitol Hill Day meetings. Despite the inclement weather, CURC had meetings with 30 Congressional offices. CURC asked members of Congress to support the development and deployment of fossil energy technologies by:
- Cosponsoring legislation in the House and Senate to expand and increase the Section 45Q Carbon Sequestration Tax Credit
- Preserve robust funding to the DOE Fossil Energy Research and Development Program for Fiscal Years 2017 and 2018
- Fund Large Scale Pilot Plant Efforts in the R&D Program Budget
- Authorize a new Fossil Energy RD&D program that reflects today’s technology development needs as reflected in the CURC-EPRI Roadmap
- Enable the development of new fossil energy projects, including carbon capture, in any energy and infrastructure legislative proposals
Special thanks to all CURC members that risked the weather to travel to Washington!