CURC applauds Congressmen David McKinley (R-WV) and Marc Veasey (D-TX) for the leadership in writing a letter to Congressional leadership urging support for energy innovation measures in potential stimulus legislation. The letter advocates for measures that would support carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) as a means of stimulating the U.S. economy as it recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, including the following:
- Extend the "Commence Construction" Date for the Section 45Q Tax Credit by Ten Years
- Enact the "Carbon Capture Modernization Act"
- Implement Direct Pay or an Offset from the BEAT for the 45Q and 48A Tax Credits
- Funding for Commercial Demonstration Grants
- Increased Funding for CarbonSAFE Projects
The letter was also signed by Representatives Cheri Bustos (D-IL), Kelly Armstrong (R-ND), Henry Cuellar (D-TX), Christopher Smith (R-NJ), Scott Tipton (R-CO), Alex Mooney (R-WV), Greg Gianforte (R-MT), Jim Costa (D-CA), Lizzie Fletcher (D-TX).